Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study a 3-year BA in Fashion Design & Manufacture in Spain
The fashion design & manufacture program is taught in conjunction with the University of Bedfordshire, guaranteeing you the highest caliber of education in the fashion industry. Graduates have an employment rate near 100%.
You'll be taught using professional computer applications already from the first year of study. Advanced skills in these programs is a must for students to find employment.
This bachelors in fashion design & manufacture is designed for those who are passionate about fashion and expressing art through the clothes you wear. Graduates from this innovative program find exciting careers in creating their own label, or in global fashion houses across the world.
The campus in Spain provides the ideal location for international fashion and design. Major companies such as Zara, Su-Shi handbags, Dolfie shoes, Mayoral and Charanga children´s wear, Pepa Loves, Oltimara ladies fashion are all within the region. You'll literally be in the hub of European fashion at Marbella Design Academy.
Through this fashion design & manufacture BA, you'll study:
- the fundamental of creative design
- the fundamentals of fashion design
- the history of fashion and art
- freehand drawing
- print design
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- pattern cutting
- runway and styling
- fashion textile and colour
In the final year, you'll gain hands-on experience through a work placement program to prepare you with real life experience in the fashion industry.
New introduction for the January 2019 intake - Accelerated Programme.
This January´s intake will enjoy an accelerated programme which allows you to complete the academic stage of training in 2.5 years, instead of the normal 3 years. Upon successful completion you will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree, in Fashion Design & Manufacture by our UK partner, University of Bedfordshire. You will start in January and study continuously through Summer till August and progress into the second year in September of the same year.
When you have satisfactorily completed your first year you will have four weeks of Summer holiday before starting your 2nd year on the16th of September 2019.
Applicants wishing to enter the fashion design & manufacture program should meet the following requirements:
- A high school diploma or similar level education can enter the design programs at the Marbella Design Academy.
- Completion of 3 GCSE subjects (A-C), including English.
- In the event a student possesses a proven outstanding artistic talent, has documented work experience for an extended period of time, or has completed another education of minimum 2 years of duration, a discretionary exception from the above rules can be made.
- All students who do not have English as a first language, or who have not received a high school education in English, are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level 6 IELTS.
All international equivalent qualifications will be assessed and guidance will be taken from the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC).
- Applicants who do not fulfil the academic Entrance Requirements will be required to complete the Intensive Foundation Course Entrance Exam.
Free Spanish Course
Marbella Design Academy has incorporated Spanish classes into the curriculum. Students, regardless of their chosen course, benefit from Spanish classes 1 hour, two days per week, during the entire academic year, throughout the length of their degree. A separate diploma will be obtained at the end of the course.
The classes are given at the end of the day and are voluntary. There will be an option to enrol at beginner level, advanced or high advanced level. The classes will be given at no extra cost for the students. As a result of these changes to the curriculum the daily tuition will be extended to finish at 17.00 two days a week. (High advanced classes are given one day per week only.)
Marbella Design Academy is located on the sunny coast of Spain. The academy is state recognised by the Ministry of Education in Spain. Graduates have an employment rate near 100%. Graduates are awarded an official BA (Hons) Degree in Interior Architecture...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) in Fashion Design & Manufacture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!