Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study a 3-year BA in fashion design in Spain
The fashion design program is taught in conjunction with the University of Bedfordshire, UK, guaranteeing you the highest caliber of education in the fashion industry. Graduates have an employment rate near 100%.
You'll be taught using professional computer applications already from the first year of study. Advanced skills in these programs is a must for students to find employment.
This bachelors in fashion design degree is designed for those who are passionate about fashion and expressing art through the clothes you wear. Graduates from this innovative program find exciting careers in creating their own label, or in global fashion houses across the world.
The campus in Spain provides the ideal location for international fashion and design. Major companies such as Zara, Su-Shi handbags, Dolfie shoes, Mayoral and Charanga children´s wear, Pepa Loves, Oltimara ladies fashion are all within the region. You'll literally be in the hub of European fashion at Marbella Design Academy.
Through this fashion BA, you'll study:
- the fundamental of creative design
- the fundamentals of fashion design
- the history of fashion and art
- freehand drawing
- print design
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- pattern cutting
- runway and styling
- fashion textile and colour
In the final year, you'll gain hands-on experience through a work placement program to prepare you with real life experience in the fashion industry.
Applicants wishing to enter the fashion design program should meet the following requirements:
- A high school diploma or similar level education can enter the design programs at the Marbella Design Academy.
- Completion of 3 GCSE subjects (A-C), including English.
- In the event a student possesses a proven outstanding artistic talent, has documented work experience for an extended period of time, or has completed another education of minimum 2 years of duration, a discretionary exception from the above rules can be made.
- All students who do not have English as a first language, or who have not received a high school education in English, are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level 6 IELTS.
All international equivalent qualifications will be assessed and guidance will be taken from the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC).
- Applicants who do not fulfil the academic Entrance Requirements will be required to complete the Intensive Foundation Course Entrance Exam.
Free Spanish Course
Marbella Design Academy has incorporated Spanish classes into the curriculum. Students, regardless of their chosen course, benefit from Spanish classes 1 hour, two days per week, during the entire academic year, throughout the length of their degree. A separate diploma will be obtained at the end of the course.
The classes are given at the end of the day and are voluntary. There will be an option to enrol at beginner level, advanced or high advanced level. The classes will be given at no extra cost for the students. As a result of these changes to the curriculum the daily tuition will be extended to finish at 17.00 two days a week. (High advanced classes are given one day per week only.)
Tuition & fees
Fee per academic year: 10.800Euros, Starts twice per year, in September and in January.
A limited amount of scholarships are available for up to 30% of the yearly tuition fee. For further information about scholarship opportunities, please complete an information request form.
Marbella Design Academy is located on the sunny coast of Spain. The academy is state recognized by the Ministry of Education in Spain. Graduates have an employment rate near 100%. Graduates are awarded an official BA (Hons) Degree in Interior Architecture,...