Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Master of Dentistry at Masaryk University is a 5-year programme leads to a diploma degree in "Medicinae Dentium Doctor" (abbreviated to MDDr) - equivalent to Doctor of Dentistry.
The Master of Dentistry is fully recognised in the EU, the USA and in most other countries. Tuition is in English however, students are also obliged to undertake training and pass examinations in the Czech language at the end of their first, second, third, and fourth years of study. This is necessary in order to be able to communicate with patients in Czech once they enter practical clinical training in hospitals.
The five-year Master’s degree Dentistry programme prepares the graduates for the profession of a dentist. It is completed with a graduation and the conferment of the title of MDDr. (Doctor of Dentistry) and is designed for graduates of all types of secondary schools.
Students wishing to study the Master of Dentistry should meet the following requirements:
- Successfully completed secondary education (i.e. secondary school, high school, college, etc.) resulting in a school-leaving examination, rewarded with a school-leaving certificate (e.g. A-level certificates).
- Applicants’ secondary school results and a school-leaving certificate are required for further recognition of their secondary education in the Czech Republic in order to be enrolled.
- Every applicant must successfully pass the entrance examination
- The students are accepted on the basis of a written entrance examination consisting of three separate tests in the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics. Each test contains 40 multiple choice questions with five possible answers out of which only one answer is correct.
- The acceptance pass mark in General Medicine is 65%.
Tuition & fees
Full Dentistry Tuition Fee CZK 298, 000.00 per academic year
Request information - obligation free
Founded in 1919, Masaryk University is now the second largest university in the Czech Republic with over 43,000 students. It comprises over 200 departments, institutes, and clinics within nine faculties. As Masaryk University has become one of Europe's fastest growing...
Location & accommodation
Brno, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Brno, the capital of the Czech province of Moravia, is an ideal base for students wishing to study in Central Europe. The second largest city in the Czech Republic (pop. 400,000), it is large enough to possess all the benefits of a major European centre, but small enough to retain its coziness and charm. Brno's historical centre echoes that of Vienna, complete with cobblestone pedestrian zones and...