Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Leisure and Entertainment EducationMykolas Romeris University
Leisure and Entertainment Education Programme
This course teaches students to plan leisure programmes and to organize and carry out recreational and educational activities for children, youths and adults.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe and analyse Lithuanian, European and global shifts in education policy and that are applicable to the development of non-formal education.
- Describe the main educational research methods and to use them when developing activities for non-formal education as well as to provide public dissemination of scientific ideas.
- Use and implement the basic regulations governing the implementation of Lithuanian and European Union education, cultural, non-formal and social policies.
- Communicate effectively.
- Manage the relevant information for non-formal education (learning), to work in culturally diverse teams.
- Apply the key leisure management principles and methods.
- Organise non-formal education and mobilise a team of professionals.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to obtain a qualification in education.
Graduates of the programme will be able to work at:
- Institutions that organize tourist leisure and entertainment (hotels, restaurants, entertainment bars and centers, night clubs, non-governmental organizations, museums, libraries).
- Centres for education (indoor playgrounds for kids, daycare centers, art and sport centers) for all people (kids, youth, adults, the elderly).
- All educational institutions.
- Institutions for recreation (sanatoriums, leisure centres, gyms, rest houses or hotels).
Contact MRU for detailed course content information.
Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuanian: Mykolo Romerio universitetas) is one of the largest universities in Lithuania and have faculties in the cities of Vilnius and Kaunas. The institution was established after restoration of independence of the Republic of Lithuania in 1990 and it...
Want to know more about Leisure and Entertainment Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!