Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MA in Contemporary Art MarketsNABA - Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti
MA in Contemporary Art Markets
The Master in Contemporary Art Markets is an intensive study path directed at providing students with effective tools to interpret art market structures and dynamics, with particular focus on contemporary artistic languages. The Master in Contemporary Art Markets provides students with the opportunity to come into direct contact with established industry professionals and to collaborate with international acclaimed art galleries, auction houses, art fairs, institutions, collections and art centers.
The educational path comprises two cycles: the first is dedicated to classroom activities and thematic workshops allowing students to apply notions learnt. Visits to galleries, fairs, foundations and museums are also part of the program. The second cycle focuses on internships, enabling students to experience different market areas first-hand. During this cycle, students also prepare their final projects and attend a three-day study trip to Basel in June during the ArtBasel art fair, the sector's most important annual event.
This is a program for applicants with a bachelor’s degree or academic degree in a theoretical subject within the arts, humanities or economy. Students with a different degree or diploma will be considered if they are motivated by a significant interest in the program’s topics. A commission evaluates candidates on a case-by-case basis. Participants without a first-level bachelor’s degree/academic diploma will not receive the 60 educational credits and the Academic Master’s diploma, but will instead earn a certificate.
- NABA postgraduate programs are taught in Italian and/or English. Applicants must submit a certificate as evidence of their language knowledge. The language certificate must be submitted within the month before the program starts; the certificate should not be older than two years. Request information from NABA for specific information. Applicants excused from these requirements are:
- Mother tongue students
- English Speaking Countries (prior check with the admission office)
- English Speaking Degrees (prior check with the admission office)
- English Speaking Degrees in non-mother tongue countries (prior check with the admission office)
- Students holding a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside Italy must contact the Italian embassy or consulate in the country where the degree was issued and ask for the perfezionamento documenti, which consists of:
- An Italian translation, made by a certified translator, of their bachelor’s degree diploma.
- An Italian translation, made by a certified translator, of their academic transcripts.
- Dichiarazione di valore in loco (Declaration of Value) of their bachelor’s degree. The Dichiarazione di valore in loco is a document attesting that the academic qualification earned is valid for enrollment in Italian universities and academies.
Study abroad in Milano - find your education at NABA - Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti
NABA - Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti is an Italian training Academy of Fine Arts and Design, situated in Milano and formed in 1980 by a group of re-known artists. NABA is legally recognized by the Italian Ministry of University...
Want to know more about MA in Contemporary Art Markets? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!