Study Music Education at NMMU
The Bachelor of Music Education at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa is an education programme which provides students with an in-depth knowledge of music education.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University's 4-year, full-time Bachelor of Music Education develops students' critical abilities to analyse theories of music education. Students enrolled in this education programme gain the ability to apply effective teaching and learning strategies in music education.
Education courses included in the Bachelor of Music Education are:
- Music in History and Society: Black Jazz and Politics in SA
- Music Theory and Analysis
- Music Education
- Music Technology
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Music Education, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of music education.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor of Music Education at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa are:
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40– 49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy or 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics is preferred.
- Passes in Music Practical Grade 6 and Music Theory Grade 5.
- Learners must score at least 30 points on the university’s APS rating scale for all curricula.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 22 and 29 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!