Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study Environmental Science at NMMU
The BSc in Environmental Science at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa is an education programme through which students gain an in-depth knowledge of environmental science.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University's BSc in Environmental Science is offered on either a full-time or part-time basis over 3 years (if full-time). The field of environmental science is of increasing importance, as the need to take care of our environment is high. Students enrolled in this education programme may choose two of the following majors: Zoology, Botany, Geography, or Chemistry.
Education courses offered within the BSc in Environmental Science are:
- Plant Evolution and Systematics
- Chemistry Inorganic
- Animal Cell Biology and Histology
- Society and Environment
Upon completion of the BSc in Environmental Science, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of environmental science.
Admission requirements for the BSc in Environmental Science at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa are:
- Admission Points Score of 40.
- Minimum statutory NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 30 and 39 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Location & accommodation
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is situated 260 km from Knysna and about 800km from Cape Town. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. It is known for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches. For the tourist wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth...
Contact information for Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!