Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study for a DBA in South Africa
The Doctorate in Business Administration at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa is an education programme is one of four accredited DBA degrees in all of South Africa, and offers MBA graduates an excellent continuation of study in the field of business administration.
NMMU's Doctorate in Business Administration is designed to address the research and advanced knowledge needs of management and business practitioners. Students are trained in addressing the personal and career development needs which professional and business people demand to increase their own performance as well as the performance of their organisations.
Education modules included in the Doctorate in Business Administration are:
- International and Strategic Management
- Leadership Development
- Emerging Markets
- Lean Business and Operations Management
Upon completion of the Doctorate in Business Administration, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of business administration.
Admission requirements for the Doctorate in Business Administration at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa are:
- completion of an MBA degree or its equivalent, or as otherwise approved by the HOD in terms of the guidelines approved by Faculty Board. The candidate must have obtained an aggregate mark of at least 65%, as well as a 65% pass mark for the treatise, research project or mini-dissertation
- Business and/or managerial experience which will provide an adequate basis for the proposed field of study
- Admission is subject to the availability of a suitably qualified and experienced supervisor
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Location & accommodation
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is situated 260 km from Knysna and about 800km from Cape Town. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. It is known for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches. For the tourist wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth...