Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
National Diploma in Logistics
The National Diploma in Logistics is designed to provide students with expertise required in order to be manage responsibility for effective and efficient planning, organising, implementation and control of the logistics activities which are required to supply goods and services of the right quality to users within the supply chain at optimum cost.
The National Diploma in Logistics can be undertaken both full-time and part-time. The full-time programme stretches over three years and the part-time has a four year duration.
The admission requirements for the National Diploma in Logistics are:
- For current grade 12 learners:
- Admission Points Score of 36.
- Admission Points Score of 30.
- Minimum NSC requirements for diploma entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least level 3 (40-49%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 2 (30-39%) for Mathematics or 3 (40-49%) for Mathematical Literacy.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 25 and 29 will be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Applicants over the age of 23 who do not comply with the requirements stipulated, may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the Head of Department on the basis of work experience, academic records and psychometric and language test results.
- For students who studied prior to 2008:
- Senior Certificate with at least five subjects passed.
- The language of instruction must be passed with a minimum HG=E or SG=C, as well as any other 2nd language.
- Learners must score at least 24 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Test before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
- Applicants over the age of 23 years who do not comply with the requirements stipulated may be admitted to the programme at the discretion of the Head of Department on the basis of work experience, academic record and psychometric and language test results.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Location & accommodation
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is situated 260 km from Knysna and about 800km from Cape Town. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. It is known for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches. For the tourist wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth...