Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Fine Arts Studio MFA
Fine Arts Studio MFA - RIT
Through this two-year program, students will gain an overview of studio-based fine arts including painting, sculpture, non-toxic printmaking and expanded forms. Students will also be given the opportunity to explore elective courses in film, ceramics, photography, industrial design and glass, as well as general art history courses.
Learn more about this program by submitting an information request form which is sent directly to the course provider.
Students wishing to undertake this MFA program need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor of fine arts degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university,
- Submit the following:
- A portfolio containing a cohesive body of artwork that demonstrates both technical skill and visualization of conceptual thought
- Official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- A letter of intent, which should include a candidate’s interest in obtaining an MFA, the selection of RIT for the MFA degree, and professional goals to be achieved
- An artist’s statement explaining the intention behind the portfolio submitted,
- Complete a graduate application.
Those whose native language is not English must submit one of the following minimum scores:
- 550 - TEFL (paper-based)
- 80 - TELF (internet-based)
- 6.5 - IELTS
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Fine Arts in Fine Arts Studio.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Fine Arts Studio MFA, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...
Want to know more about Fine Arts Studio MFA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!