Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Health Care Interpretation MS
Health Care Interpretation MS - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this Master of Science program, students will become nationally-certified sign language interpreters, specifically working within the health care sector. Students will gain the skills and knowledge required to assist hearing impaired people interact and communicate, and help them understand medical testing, treatments and diagnoses. Graduates of this program can also go on to become interpreters for hearing impaired students enrolled in health care-related courses.
Students wishing to undertake this Master program need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a certification from the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) or equivalent
- Have a bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above (or superior endorsement)
- Submit the following:
- An ASL interpretation sample (audio/video file or text translation will be provided)
- Two letters of reference from individuals who have had the opportunity to observe the applicant's interpreting work
- Official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- A completed graduate application
- A personal statement describing the applicant's educational objectives
- Proof of completion of a course in medical terminology
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science of Health Care Interpretation.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Health Care Interpretation MS, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...