Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Imaging Arts—Photography MFA
Imaging Arts - Photography MFA from Rochester Institute of Technology
This Master of Fine Arts program will give students a broad education of photography, inspiring and forming them as creative artists and photographers. Students will explore photography and related art forms and media as a way of personal, aesthetic, and intellectual expression. Graduates can go on to work within education, museums, galleries, or as a self-employed visual artist.
Students wishing to undertake this MFA program need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- Submit the following:
- A portfolio containing a focused body of artwork that demonstrates visual sophistication, aesthetic awareness, skill, and craft, as well as a commitment to a purpose and idea
- Official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Three letters of recommendation
- A Letter of Intent, which should include a candidate's interest in obtaining an MFA, the selection of RIT for the MFA degree, and professional goals to be achieved
- An Artist Statement explaining the intention behind the portfolio submitted
- Complete a graduate application through the Graduate Admission Website
- Participate in an interview (optional).
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Fine Arts in Imaging Arts - Photography.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Imaging Arts—Photography MFA, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...
Want to know more about Imaging Arts—Photography MFA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!