Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of ME in Microelectronics Manufacturing Engineering
Study microelectronic engineering in the USA
The Master of Engineering degree in microelectronics manufacturing engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology is designed for students that have completed a bachelor degree in engineering or science that are interested in careers in the semiconductor industry.
Students of this ME in microelectronic engineering will complete a series of core and elective courses, learning about research methods as well as completing an internship.
The engineering courses that make up this master in manufacturing engineering will cover the fields of microelectronics, microlithography, and manufacturing.
Upon completion of the Microelectronics Manufacturing Engineering master students will be able to:
- Design and understand a sequence of processing steps to fabricate a solid state device to meet a set of geometric, electrical and/or processing parameters.
- Analyze experimental electrical data from a solid state device to extract performance parameters for comparison to modeling parameters used in the device design.
- Understand current lithographic materials, processes, and systems to meet imaging and/or device patterning requirements.
- Understand the relevance of a process or device, either proposed or existing, to current manufacturing practices.
- Perform in a microelectronic engineering environment, as evidenced by an internship.
- Appreciate the areas of specialty in the field of microelectronics, such as device engineering, circuit design, lithography, materials and processes, and yield and manufacturing.
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be rewarded a Master of Engineering in Microelectronics Manufacturing Engineering.
Tuition & fees
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...
Want to know more about ME in Microelectronics Manufacturing Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!