Study Chemistry in Rochester, New York
The Master in Chemistry at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York is designed to fill the needs of both the traditional student and the practicing, fully-employed chemist in achieving an in-depth knowledge of chemistry.
RIT's Master in Chemistry is offered on either a full- or part-time basis, and involves independent study and the development of the ability to solve fundamental scientific problems. Research- and teaching-oriented faculty, as well as excellent facilities and equipment mark the Master in Chemistry. Research can result in either a project report or a thesis.
The Master in Chemistry aims to increase the breadth and depth of students' chemistry knowledge. Students develop the ability to solve scientific problems with minimal supervision. Concentrations within this chemistry education program are physical, analytical, organic, and inorganic chemistry.
The following requirements are set for the Master in Chemistry:
1. A minimum of 45 quarter credit hours beyond the bachelor’s degree
2. Nine credit hours in research (minimum) for the MS thesis option
3. Passage of an oral defense of the MS thesis
Upon completion of the Master in Chemistry, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of chemistry.
Admission requirements for the Master in Chemistry at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York are:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in chemistry from an accredited college or university. Applicants with an undergraduate degree in another scientific discipline and the equivalent of a full year’s course work in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, and calculus also will be considered for admission
- proficiency in English, demonstrated by IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic test scores
The tuition fee for the Bachelor in Chemistry at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York is $31,584 (US) per year.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Chemistry.
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about MS Chemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!