Study bioinformatics at RIT
The Master of Science degree in bioinformatics from Rochester Institute of Technology is provided on a part-time or full-time schedule, making it a possibility for students or professionals employed in the field to complete their mater degree in bioinformatics.
This MS degree program provides students with a strong foundation in biotechnology, computer programming, computational mathematics, statistics, and database management.
Graduates of the bioinformatics master degree program will be prepared for careers in biotechnology, bioinformatics, pharmaceutical, and vaccine industries.
The MS bioinformatics course curriculum is designed to cover diverse educational and professional backgrounds. Students of the MS degree in bioinformatics will normally have degrees in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, statistics, computer science, information technology, or related fields.
The master in bioinformatics has two tracks to follow; the first is designed for students with backgrounds in the life sciences, the other is suited to students with backgrounds in the computational sciences.
Upon completion of this master course in bioinformatics from RIT, graduates can look forward to successful careers in the field, including job titles as:
Computational Biologist, Gene Analyst, Bioinformatics Software Developer, Research Assistant/Associate, Biologics Database Programmer/Administrator, Computer Analyst/Programmer, Molecular Modeling Assistant
To be considered for admission to the MS bioinformatics degree program, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, information technology, statistics, or related disciplines,
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a 4.0 scale),
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 79 (Internet-based) is required. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are accepted in place of the TOEFL exam. Minimum scores will vary; however, the absolute minimum score required for unconditional acceptance is 6.0.
For information on the tuition for the MS Bioinformatics from Rochester Institute of Technology, please complete a request form.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Bioinformatics.
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about MS in Bioinformatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!