Get your imaging science degree in the USA
The Master of Science degree in imaging science from Rochester Institute of Technology is designed to prepare participants for research positions in the imaging industry or in the application of various imaging modalities to problems in engineering and science.
This imaging science degree includes formal course-work in the physical properties of radiation-sensitive materials and processes, the applications of physical and geometrical optics to electro-optical systems, the mathematical evaluation of image forming systems, digital image processing, and the statistical characterization of noise and system performance.
Participants of the imaging science master will have the opportunity to select technical electives from other courses offered in imaging science, color science, engineering, computer science, science, and mathematics.
The program can be completed on a full- or a part-time basis. Some courses are available online, specifically in the areas of color science, remote sensing, medical imaging, and digital image processing.
To be considered for admission to the imaging science degree at Rochester Institute of Technology, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (undergraduate studies should include the following: mathematics, through calculus and including differential equations; and a full year of calculus-based physics, including modern physics. It is assumed that students can write a common computer program),
- Submit a one- to two-page statement of educational objectives,
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate or graduate course work,
- Submit letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic or research capabilities,
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (requirement may be waived for those not seeking funding from the Center for Imaging Science), and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum scores of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based) are required. Students may also submit scores from the International English Language Testing System. The minimum IELTS score is 7.0. International students who are interested in applying for a teaching or research assistantship are advised to obtain as high a TOEFL or IELTS score as possible. These applicants also are encouraged to take the Test of Spoken English in order to be considered for financial assistance.
Applicants seeking financial assistance from the center must have all application documents submitted to the Office of Graduate Enrollment Services by January 15 for the next academic year.
For information on the tuition for this Master of Science in Imaging Science at RIT, please complete a request form.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Imaging Science.
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about MS in Imaging Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!