Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Professional Studies MS
Customizable professional studies in the USA
Rochester Institute of Technology offers a Professional Studies MS that is taught in English and on both a full-time and part-time basis. This professional studies master degree is designed specifically to enable participants to tailor a customized study plan to their professional goals and careers.
Students of the master of professional studies can select from over 50 graduate courses in order to develop the required knowledge and skills to suit their upcoming career opportunities and situations.
Students will also be able to complete this Master of Science degree online by following certain concentrations.
To be considered for the MS in professional studies at Rochester Institute of Technology in the USA, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited college or university,
- Have a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0, or superior endorsements,
- Submit letters of reference from two individuals, who have served recently as either the applicant’s supervisor or instructor,
- Submit a statement of career objectives and description of the skills and knowledge sought through graduate study,
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit a current resume, and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum scores of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based) are required. Scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are accepted in place of the TOEFL exam. Minimum acceptable scores will vary; however, the absolute minimum score for an unconditional acceptance is 6.5. The TOEFL requirement is waived for native speakers of English or those submitting educational transcripts and diplomas from American colleges and universities.
All applicants are urged to discuss their plans with the professional studies program adviser before submitting a formal application.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Professional Studies.
Tuition & fees
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...