Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Science, Technology and Public Policy MS
Science, Technology and Public Policy MS - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this Master of Science program, students will gain the skills to work interdisciplinary between engineering, science and public policy, making significant contributions to the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Working with advisers, students choose electives in an area of interest. Some of these areas include:
- Environmental policy
- Climate change policy
- Healthcare policy
- STEM education policy
- Telecommunications policy
- Energy policy
Generally, those undertaking this program will have a background in science or engineering and want to broaden career opportunities and employability within government and business.
To be considered for admission to the MS program in science, technology and public policy, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA, Submit two writing samples, one of which should be a statement of interest
- Have completed course work in calculus and statistics (students may be required to take a data analysis or statistics course and an introductory calculus course, if not taken previously)
- Submit the following:
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two formal letters of reference
- Complete a graduate application.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL). Minimum scores of 570 (paper-based) or 88 (Internet-based) are required.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Science, Technology and Public Policy.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Science, Technology and Public Policy MS, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...