Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Sustainability PhD
Sustainability PhD - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this PhD, students will gain advanced skills and knowledge in sustainable production systems, namely alternative-energy development, sustainable mobility, sustainable production and eco-IT. Students will explore processes involved in the creation and delivery of goods and services that are non-polluting, conserving of energy and natural resources, economically viable and safe for workers, communities and consumers.
Fill out an information request form to find out more about this program.
To be considered for admission to the Ph.D. program in sustainability, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution (course work must include at least one year of college science and one year of college mathematics including calculus and statistics)
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Submit the following:
- A personal statement of educational objectives
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- At least two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation.
- Participate in a personal interview with the faculty committee (by teleconference if necessary)
- Complete a graduate application.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Minimum scores of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based) are required. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are accepted in place of the TOEFL. Minimum scores vary, however, the absolute minimum score required for unconditional acceptance is 6.5.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a PhD in Sustainability.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Sustainability PhD, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Request information - obligation free
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...