Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production SystemsRWTH International Academy
Earn an MSc in Engineering with Management
The Master of Science in Management and Engineering in Production Systems is a unique engineering master degree designed to train graduates to understand engineering processes while simultaneously developing their management skills.
The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systemsis a joint degree program offered by RWTH and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM). During their time at RWTH, students will develop their knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering; at MSM, students will learn business and management skills.
Mechanical engineering at the RWTH Aachen University in Germany
RWTH’s mechanical engineering faculty has a great reputation and is one of the world’s most prominent faculties of mechanical engineering. Students in the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systems will spend their first year studying under this faculty. Coursework focuses on production technology, production systems, and production-related processes, with an emphasis on industrial research and development.
Management and engineering at Maastricht School of Management in the Netherlands
The second year of study concentrates on development of management skills. Students will become knowledgeable of core management processes and be prepared to work as an engineering manager with a global awareness. Throughout this part of the management and engineering master degree, students will be challenged to explore feasible avenues to balance business and development perspectives for sustainable growth in emerging economies.
This M.Sc. program provides the educational base and professional foundation for industrial engineering specialists. Industrial engineers will:
- Design, direct, monitor and optimize production processes (lean buffering design, efficient raw material processing, product quality, etc.)
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Manage employees from various engineering disciplines as well as cross-disciplinary and global teams
- Identify and realize measures for yield improvement, test optimization and product cost-ability methods
- Select or develop the adequate innovative production machines and assembly systems for state-of-the-art manufacturing planning
- Deal with cost and investment analyses
Industrial engineers that stand out for their ability to integrate scientific principles, engineering knowledge, and management techniques for innovative problem solving.
Experience two European cities
As a student in the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systems, you will get the opportunity to study in two unique cities in the heart of Europe: Maastricht in the Netherlands and Aachen in Germany.
Though only 30 kilometers apart, Maastricht and Aachen each have their own language, history, and culture. Besides international classrooms, both locations offer plenty of opportunities to create a memorable experience for all students.
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system. Application deadline is March 1 of each year. German and EU Nationals may still apply by 15 July - however, early applications are encouraged!
For the MME Program students are expected to have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Informatics/Programming/Computer Science, Physics, Technical Drawing and CAD. Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Fluid Dynamics, Automatic Control, Design Engineering, Production Management, Machine Tools, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Drives, Quality Management.
- Basic knowledge in business administration. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-August).
- Practical work experience.
- Very good results in the undergraduate studies.
- Good command over English language (TOEFL IB 90 points).
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement.
Join RWTH Aachen University, one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities.
RWTH Aachen University - One of Europe's Leading Universities in Engineering & Sciences
RWTH Aachen University is one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities. Numerous partnerships between RWTH Aachen University and international universities as well as industrial companies offer excellent...