Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study a summer program in production technology
In this Summer School, students receive an introduction to new production technologies in connection with Industry 4.0. Industry 4.0 is an initiative by the German government which started in 2011 in order to push on the integration of production with information and communication technologies. In this context, digitization, automation, human-machine interaction as well as better networked production systems play an important role.
The RWTH International Academy works closely together with the International Office, the Language Center of the RWTH Aachen University and the RWTH Cluster of Excellence „Integrative Production Technology for High-Wage Countries“ to offer a perfect mix of technical study and cultural experience.
- Excellent Science and Research in Production Technology: Students will be exposed to such topics as modern factory planning, the digital supply chain, mobile robots for flexible intralogistics, additive manufacturing (3D printing), assembly robotics, and the ergonomic design of human-machine interaction.
- Through the university’s “BeBuddy” program, international students have the chance to immerse themselves in the vibrant student community at RWTH Aachen University. Participants will get to know Aachen from a true student’s perspective: They learn more about academic and cultural practices in Germany with the support of their German “Buddy” who is typically a student enrolled at the RWTH Aachen University and can so offer first-hand experiences in and around the campus, painting an authentic picture of university life.
- The RWTH International Academy offers an extensive support program next to the academic courses in which participants meet like-minded people from around the world. All students from our different summer school programs are invited to take part in sporting or dancing events, cooking nights and get-togethers with students from various international Master’s programs. There is a wide offer of intercultural activities and excursions in and around Aachen – enjoy your stay! Being in the heart of Europe, summer school students will also have the opportunity to explore Aachen’s surrounding area – be it other German cities close-by such as the former German capital Bonn, Düsseldorf and Cologne or the European diversity in cities like Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.
You are a B.Sc./B.E. student enrolled at a renowned university, you have profound knowledge of the English language and are studying mechanical engineering or a related field. Desirable is the completion of the first year.
The minimum age to participate is 18 years.
*Please note: An English language proficiency test is recommended.
Since the program is taught in English, you need to bring sufficient academic English language skills to be able to follow the course.
- Your cover letter (stating your motivation for applying to the programme, further study plans, and career goals)
- Your curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Your academic records (transcript of records)
- Additional documents to support your application (certificates)
- A color photo of yourself
"All-inclusive" Program Fee:
The tuition fee for this course is 2990€. Contact the university for more information and detailed pricing.
Join RWTH Aachen University, one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities.
RWTH Aachen University - One of Europe's Leading Universities in Engineering & Sciences
RWTH Aachen University is one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities. Numerous partnerships between RWTH Aachen University and international universities as well as industrial companies offer excellent...
Want to know more about Production Technology meets Industry 4.0 Summer School? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!