Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Earn a PhD in Economics in Istanbul at Sabanci University
The PhD in Economics Program is built on a core foundation facilitates advanced learning in economics and theory. In their common core, this program equips the student with a solid background in economic theory and application techniques. The PhD program offered its first degree in 2010. With a quality curriculum and first-class faculty, it aims at producing top-level academic.
Applicants may be invited for written exams and interviews. All written exams and interviews are held in English.
Deadlines for applications are announced in the Academic Calendar
Approval by the Turkish Higher Education Council (YÖK) regarding recognizing the institution and compatibility of the education received is required for applicants with a degree from an institution abroad.
Application Documents and Requirements:
- Online Application Form: Candidates can apply to more than one program via the online system. A separate application form should be filled out for each program to which a candidate wishes to apply.
- Official Transcript: A sealed official transcript issued by the Student Affairs unit of the applicant's previous university should be submitted. This document should indicate the courses taken and grades received by the applicant
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be either submitted online or posted in a sealed envelope. Sample letter
- One Photograph
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam : The applicant must submit the one of the following exams. Photocopies of the scores are accepted for application, but original copies should be submitted upon admission and enrollment.
- International candidates are required to present their latest GRE test scores. Required for international applicants Required for international applicants Required for international applicant
- English Proficiency Exam Result Certificate: As the language of instruction at Sabancı University is English, the applicant is required to submit the score of one of the English proficiency assessment exams. Recognized exams, the minimum score required and period of validity are given in the table below. Photocopies of the documents mentioned below are accepted for application; however originals will be requested upon registration in the case of admission.
- Statement of Purpose
- Candidates applying for the PhD Programs with a BA degree must hold a 3.00/4.00 GPA. The candidates graduated from institutions which apply a scale other than “X out of 4.00” system must provide a conversion table or an official letter of evidence from their institutions.
*Candidates applying for the PhD Programs with an MA degree must hold an “MA with Thesis” degree. Candidates whose diplomas or transcripts do not contain such information must provide an official letter of evidence from their institutions.
Earn your degree in Istanbul at Sabanci University
Sabanci University is a leading university in Turkey which provides a fully English education backed by a world class faculty. One of the top research universities in the region, SU is the place to be with its strong scholarships, extensive...