Can you imagine yourself developing the technology for an autonomous car, or designing an hexacopter for traffic management applications? If so, then the applied computer science program is perfect for you!
The field of applied computer science involves everything with embedded systems, such as designing and programing systems that contain a computer or microcontroller which is not visible externally.
Students of this program in applied computer science will study autonomous systems that can be used in a variety of electronics such as robots, drones, smart thermostats, an RFID access systems, or intelligent baby monitors.
Graduates of the computer science program find careers as:
- Software programmer
- Embedded systems designer
- Quality manager
- Test engineer
- Project manager
- Product specialist
- Automation specialist
- IT consultant
- A high school degree including Mathematics & Physics is required
- The student must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The student must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- For English instructed Bachelor and Master programs, an academic IELTS with an overall band score of 6.0 (six) is required
Tuition for the academic year is:
- EU/EEA students € 2083
- International students € 7800
Scholarships & funding
We are proud to offer scholarships to talented international students that apply for a bachelor or master programme at Saxion University of Applied Sciences.
Saxion Scholarships programme
Over the years we developed several scholarships that are available for talented international bachelor and master students from outside the EU/EEA.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme (OTS)
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
- MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP)
- Holland Scholarship (HS)
Further information on how and where to apply for a scholarship is available at the nearest Royal Netherlands Embassy, or from the Dutch Education Organization NUFFIC.
Bachelor of Arts in Engineering
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Netherlands, with close to 27,000 students (and still growing!). Saxion University has a rich history - its roots can be traced back to 1875. A merger...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Applied Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.