Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Can you imagine yourself developing the technology for an autonomous car, or designing an hexacopter for traffic management applications? If so, then the applied computer science program is perfect for you!
The field of applied computer science involves everything with embedded systems, such as designing and programing systems that contain a computer or microcontroller which is not visible externally.
Students of this program in applied computer science will study autonomous systems that can be used in a variety of electronics such as robots, drones, smart thermostats, an RFID access systems, or intelligent baby monitors.
Graduates of the computer science program find careers as:
- Software programmer
- Embedded systems designer
- Quality manager
- Test engineer
- Project manager
- Product specialist
- Automation specialist
- IT consultant
- A high school degree including Mathematics & Physics is required
- The student must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The student must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- For English instructed Bachelor and Master programs, an academic IELTS with an overall band score of 6.0 (six) is required
Tuition & fees
Tuition for the academic year is:
- EU/EEA students € 1984
- International students € 7800
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is located in the east of the Netherlands on three campuses, in the characteristic cities of Deventer, Enschede and Apeldoorn. The university has a student population of over 24,000, of which 3,500 are international students...