Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Can you imagine yourself developing the technology for an autonomous car, or designing an hexacopter for traffic management applications? If so, then the applied computer science program is perfect for you!
The field of applied computer science involves everything with embedded systems, such as designing and programing systems that contain a computer or microcontroller which is not visible externally.
Students of this program in applied computer science will study autonomous systems that can be used in a variety of electronics such as robots, drones, smart thermostats, an RFID access systems, or intelligent baby monitors.
Graduates of the computer science program find careers as:
- Software programmer
- Embedded systems designer
- Quality manager
- Test engineer
- Project manager
- Product specialist
- Automation specialist
- IT consultant
- A high school degree including Mathematics & Physics is required
- The student must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The student must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- For English instructed Bachelor and Master programs, an academic IELTS with an overall band score of 6.0 (six) is required
On completion of the programme you will be awarded the Applied Computer Science degree and you may then use the BSc degree title. You can work for a wide range of companies as a software and hardware designer, programmer, or developer.
Tuition for the academic year is:
- EU/EEA students € 2083
- International students € 7800
Bachelor of Arts in Engineering
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Netherlands, with close to 27,000 students (and still growing!). Saxion University has a rich history - its roots can be traced back to 1875. A merger...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Applied Computer Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!