Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor in Tourism ManagementSaxion University of Applied Sciences
Earn a Bachelor in Tourism Management
The Bachelor in Tourism Management Programme is one of two Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) offered by the Hospitality Business School of Saxion:
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Tourism Management
The two programmes share a common focus; to create the conditions that allow people to travel, work, spend their spare time and stay away from their homes. The aim is to make this happen while the company makes a healthy profit and the customers and guests experience maximum satisfaction and content.
The Bachelor in Tourism Management programme is designed for individuals with an ear for languages, who are conceptual thinking and who possesses good commercial insight as well as the quality of being service-minded. There is a strong focus on professional skills, and urgency placed upon developing a professional and hospitable attitude.
Through the duration of the Bachelor in Tourism Management students are taught how to manage a business in the international tourism & leisure industry as an entrepreneur, manager or consultant. Students learn how to interpret the wishes of their guests and translate them into innovative and appealing tourism- and leisure concepts, they will also learn about the international tourism industry, about the design and planning of environmentally friendly resorts, ecotourism, motivation of travellers and a wide range of factors affecting tourist habits and behaviour. The Bachelor in Tourism Management covers all areas necessary in order to pursue a successful career within all sectors of the tourism and leisure field.
Upon completion of the Bachelor in Tourism Management programme graduates can look forward to careers as/in following areas:
- Recreation & Theme Parks
- Holiday Bungalow Parks
- Hospitality Service suppliers
- Cruiseship companies
- Event organisers
- Other (golf-, resort-, wellness-, sports management)
The admission requirements for the Bachelor in Tourism Management are:
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The applicant must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- The applicant must have sufficient English language skills for the specific course, if the applicant do not have the Dutch nationality, an IELTS test-score of 6.0 or a TOEFL test-score of 550 is required
- The applicant must have taken subjects such as economics, languages and/or management at their secondary schools
Along with the growth in international tourism and leisure, the demand from the industry for qualified labour is also on the rise. Dutch education and research in tourism & leisure management is internationally renowned for its high standards. Therefore, Saxion alumni can be found in tourism and leisure businesses all over the world. In order to meet the increasing demand for professionals in this rapidly growing industry, the BBA programme in Tourism Management forms an excellent basis from which to start your career. Opportunities can be found in a broad range of related industries, with many interdependencies in fields such as:
- Tour operators
- Recreation & theme parks
- Holiday bungalow parks
- Hospitality service suppliers
- Cruise ship companies
- Event organisers
- Policy officers within governmental institutions or tourism associations
- Other (golf, resort, wellness or sports management)
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is located in the east of the Netherlands on three campuses, in the characteristic cities of Deventer, Enschede and Apeldoorn. The university has a student population of over 24,000, of which 3,500 are international students...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!