Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor in Tourism Management (Short degree programme)Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Earn a Bachelor in Tourism Management in one year
The Bachelor of Tourism Management (Short degree programme) Programme is one of two Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) offered by the Hospitality Business School of Saxion:
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Tourism Management
The two programmes share a common focus; to create the conditions that allow people to travel, work, spend their spare time and stay away from their homes. The aim is to make this happen while the company makes a healthy profit and the customers and guests experience maximum satisfaction and content.
The Bachelor in Tourism Management is designed for individuals who have an ear for languages, creativity, conceptual thinking, commercial insight and who are service-minded. The programme places great attention to professional skills, theory and to management skills and there is an utter importance placed on developing a professional and hospitable attitude. Through the duration of the Bachelor in Tourism Management (Final Year) students are taught how to, as managers, entrepreneurs or consultants, lead a business in the international tourism & leisure industry.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Tourism Management graduates can look forward to careers as/within following professions and areas:
- Recreation & Theme Parks
- Holiday Bungalow Parks
- Hospitality Service suppliers
- Cruiseship companies
- Event organisers
- Other (golf-, resort-, wellness-, sports management)
The admission requirements for the Bachelor in Tourism Management are:
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years of higher education (leading to a bachelor degree) in a Facility-, Hotel- or Tourism Management related field, such as Consumer affairs, Engineering Management, Hotel or Catering Management, or other related Management fields. In some cases, a minimum of 2 years of higher education can be considered, depending on the structure of the previous education.
- TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.0
Along with the growth in international tourism and leisure, the demand from the industry for qualified labour is also on the rise. Dutch education and research in tourism & leisure management is internationally renowned for its high standards. Therefore, Saxion alumni can be found in tourism and leisure businesses all over the world. In order to meet the increasing demand for professionals in this rapidly growing industry, the BBA programme in Tourism Management forms an excellent basis from which to start your career. Opportunities can be found in a broad range of related industries, with many interdependencies in fields such as:
- Tour operators
- Recreation & theme parks
- Holiday bungalow parks
- Hospitality service suppliers
- Cruise ship companies
- Event organisers
- Policy officers within governmental institutions or tourism associations
- Other (golf, resort, wellness or sports management)
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is located in the east of the Netherlands on three campuses, in the characteristic cities of Deventer, Enschede and Apeldoorn. The university has a student population of over 24,000, of which 3,500 are international students...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Tourism Management (Short degree programme)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!