Doctor of Business Administration
The Doctor of Business Administration is an integrated work and research program for management practitioners and professionals, who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to practice and policy. The program may be completed in a minimum of three years.
The coursework component takes place during the first year. Courses are conducted in the classroom in an intensive workshop model with face-to-face seminars. All courses are assessed by written assignments. The transition from coursework phase to the research phase is by the candidate completing the set of assessed Research Proposals. On satisfactory completion of the coursework candidates enter the research phase where they undertake individual, supervised research projects. The output of each research project is a research paper of publishable style and quality. The dissertation is submitted for external examination.
Consequently there will be scope for requisite specialization within a general organizational and management framework. Graduates from the program are expected to make a key contribution to practice, so program work will relate to leadership, change and process management as well as research methodologies.
Management practitioners and professionals
- Applicants seeking admission to the DBA program shall normally hold an MBA degree, or equivalent, from an approved University or equivalent;
- Where other Master’s degree level qualifications are held, applicants may be asked to complete a prescribed bridging program (normally designated courses from an MBA program)
- Substantial (not less than five years) experience at executive/management level.
- All DBA candidates must be able to demonstrate from their education and/or professional performance their potential to undertake research at a doctoral level. They should be able to show success in their career to date and document how the DBA program fits into their personal or career plans for the future.
- All DBA candidates must have a sound command of the English language, spoken and written, meeting the criteria as prescribed below.
- Applicants are required to have completed their previous Master’s Degree in English; or submit proof of having achieved an IELTS test score of 7 or higher.
- All applicants must submit a 1000 word outline of their proposed research topic/idea as part of their admission application submission.
- conceptual frameworks of practice knowledge and innovative approaches for business and management application;
- extensive familiarity with the literature of selective specialist applied areas within the business and management field;
- ability to link and integrate applied research to learning as a precursor to the formulation of vision, strategy and process leadership for corporate and business enterprise;
- skills in applied research methodologies including literature searches, field research design, data analysis and the communication of research findings.
Full tuition fee for EU students: 40,150 CHF
Full tuition fee for Non-EU students: 40,150 CHF
Welcome to SBS Swiss Business School
SBS is a management institution dedicated to preparing students for the careers of the global economy. We offer programs, which specialize in International Management, Finance, Marketing and other fields. All of our educational programs are taught in English. SBS, is...
Want to know more about Doctor of Business Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!