Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Doctor of Arts in Chinese Modern & Literature
Through this Doctor of Arts degree from Shandong Normal University, students will prepare for successful careers as teachers and researchers of Chinese literature. The coursework will focus on the following topics:
- History of Chinese modern & contemporary literature
- Classic works of modern China
- Research of literary history
- Literary criticism
Students will develop an advanced-level understanding of literary theory, modern Chinese literature history and research methods. They will learn how to distinguish the historical data, analyze literary works, and write papers on literary history and works.
To apply for this programs, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China
- Be in good health
- Be a bachelor degree holder in the same major or in a related field of interest
- Be under the age of 40
- Hold one of the following English language proficiency certifications (not required for native English speakers):
- TOEFL (Score 80 or above)
- IELTS (Score 6.0 or above)
- Recommendations from two professors
Tuition & fees
The cost of this course is ¥32,100. Contact the university to learn more about course fees and payment options.
Shandong Normal University - Shandong, China
Shandong Normal University (SDNU) is a major university in the Chinese province of Shandong and has been in operation since 1950. Over 37,000 students study full-time in the 25 schools/colleges that make up SDNU. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and...