Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Doctor of Science in Humane Geography
Through this Doctor of Science degree from Shandong Normal University, students will explore three main areas of research related to Human Geography:
- Regional sustainable development research
- Regional planning and urban development
- Regional economy and population development
Students will learn to apply advanced modern geographical technqiques and methods to explore the formation and variation rules of the earth's surface environment, alongside the impacts of modern human activities and ways of developing more a more harmonious man-land relationship.
Drawing inspiration from sustainable development strategies from the Shandong Province, students will explore ways to solve resource utilization and ecological environment problems.
By the end of the program, students will have developed advanced-level competencies in human geography, both theoretical and practical.
To apply for this programs, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China
- Be in good health
- Be a bachelor degree holder in the same major or in a related field of interest
- Be under the age of 40
- Hold one of the following English language proficiency certifications (not required for native English speakers):
- TOEFL (Score 80 or above)
- IELTS (Score 6.0 or above)
- Recommendations from two professors
Tuition & fees
The cost of this course is ¥35,600. Contact the university to learn more about course fees and payment options.
Shandong Normal University - Shandong, China
Shandong Normal University (SDNU) is a major university in the Chinese province of Shandong and has been in operation since 1950. Over 37,000 students study full-time in the 25 schools/colleges that make up SDNU. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and...