Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Solvay Advanced Master in Political EconomySolvay Brussels School of Economics and Management
Solvay Advanced Master in Political Economy
This advanced master degree is offered in partnership with Georgetown University and utilizes the strengths of both internationally-renown institutes. Through this innovative, one-year program, students will explore the specificities and differences between the approaches taken on each continent as well as their impact at a global level, preparing to become the next generation of economists to analyze the economics and politics behind key policy questions of the 21st century.
Students will walk away from the program with:
- An international experience at the heart of global policy-making decision powers, with full immersion in both Europe (Brussels) and the U.S. (Washington D.C.)
- A combination of frontier training in formal and quantitative political economy, with a strong emphasis on concrete policy cases
- Academics and practitioners who are leading specialists in their field
- On-site meetings to learn how to navigate through international institutions and policies, such as at the European Commission, the World Bank, the OECD, the IMF, the European Central Bank, and the U.S. Federal Reserve
- Joining the wide and active alumni networks of Georgetown and Solvay.
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
• Hold a 4-year BA (in continental Europe: 3-year BA + 1 or 2-year master) or MSc or equivalent degree in eligible fields, including Economics, Political Science, Statistics, and Mathematics
• Work experience is not necessary, but a 2+ year experience strengthens your application
• A solid background in economics and quantitative methods is a prerequisite
• Minimum GPA 3.0 on 4.0 (US) scale where available
• TOEFL score of at least 100 or IELTS score of 7.0 (contact us for waivers)
Admissions will be based on the candidates’ proficiency in English, their background, professional potential and motivation.
Degree & diploma
Two degrees awarded, one in Europe, one in the USA:
• “Masters of Arts in Political Economics” from Georgetown University
• “Advanced Master in Political Economy” university certificate delivered by Solvay Brussels
School of Economics and Management – Université libre de Bruxelles
Tuition & fees
Contact the school via the information request form to learn about tuition fees, early bird discounts and scholarship opportunities.
Request information - obligation free
Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management
The Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management is a leading European research and education facility within the field and aims to develop business leaders and entrepreneurs to help shape tomorrow's world. It is the only business school in Brussels...