XAMK – All for the Future!
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (XAMK) is an innovative institute of higher education driven by the idea of unlimited lifelong learning and education.The was founded in 2017 as a result of the merge of Kymenlaakso and Mikkeli Universities of Applied Sciences.
In XAMK, passion for learning is not tied to time, place or method. Instead, it is a way of viewing the world. XAMK intends to be a leader in entrepreneurship, digital learning, and cooperation with Russia and is focused on sustainable well-being and technology.
What to Expect From XAMK
XAMK has campuses in four different towns: Kotka, Kouvola, Mikkeli and Savonlinna. All campuses offer a number of services including: restaurants, cafés, libraries, indoor and outdoor sport and leisure facilities, as well as services to promote studying and general well-being of students.
The learning environments, including classrooms, auditoriums, laboratories, and workshops, are comfortable and modern. In addition to providing education, all campuses engage in a diverse range of research and development activities that students may take part in.
Study Programs at XAMK
There are 58 bachelor’s programs at XAMK, four of which are conducted in English:
- Bachelor of culture and arts, Game design
- Bachelor of business administration, International business (BBA)
- Bachelor of engineering, Information technology (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of engineering, Environmental engineering (B.Eng)
Full-time studies leading to a bachelor level degree last 3.5–4 years (210–240 ECTS). You can apply to study for a master’s degree if you have a degree from a university of applied sciences or another higher education degree plus at least three years of work experience in the relevant field of study.
Studies in a master-level degree programs take 1.5-2.5 years (90 ECTS). Four of the 26 Master’s program are conducted in English
- Master of engineering, Cybersecurity
- Master of business administration, International business management
- Master of Health care/social services, Health promotion
- Master of culture and arts, Design
Facts about XAMK
- 9,000 students
- 740 employees
- 1,700 graduates per year
- 4 campuses
- 350 partner institutions around the world
- Second largest UAS in Finland in terms of budget; annual turnover EUR 70 million
- Extensive RDI activities
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!