Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
General English Course
This is a general English courses tailored to meet differing student needs. They are suitable for students studying English either as part of their education or for a specific purpose.
• Courses run all year round
• Minimum course length is just 1 week
• Beginner courses start on the first Monday of every second month but, during June, July and August beginners can start any Monday
• All levels of English are catered for, from beginner to advanced
The Course General English Course includes
• 15 hours tuition per week on the General English Course
• 21 hours tuition per week on the Intensive English Course
• All teaching materials
• Structured course programme covering grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, as well as the four basic language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing
• Regular progress assessments
• Monthly tutorials (not mid-June to end August)
• Weekly evening social programme (not mid-June to end August)
• Optional weekend excursions
• Access to self-study facilities (computer room, language laboratory and library)
Guide to levels
Each level works towards CEF (Common European Framework) descriptors.
• Can communicate very basic needs and understand very simple conversational language
• Has a limited vocabulary for everyday situations
• Can read and produce short, simple pieces of writing
• Can communicate basic needs and speak about personal topics
• Has sufficient vocabulary for everyday routines
• Can recognise main grammatical structures
• Can write short personal texts and notes
• Can communicate in everyday situations and hold short conversations
• Can use main grammatical structures
• Can write texts which include details
• Can communicate with some confidence in a reasonable number of situations
• Has good control of main grammatical structures
• Can write longer texts using paragraphs with reasonable accuracy
• Can communicate effectively and express ideas/opinions in most situations
• Can discuss a range of topical issues
• Can use a wide range of structures, with reasonable accuracy
• Can produce a range of written texts using the correct register
• Can express feelings, opinions and ideas accurately and precisely using a wide range of vocabulary
• Can produce the full range of texts with unnoticeable, natural cohesion
• Can understand authentic texts with little difficulty
• Has a very good degree of grammatical control
Welcome to study at Southbourne School of English
Southbourne School of English is a family run school that was established in 1966. It is located in a beautiful residential area of Bournemouth where young families and professionals live. It is in a friendly, safe and clean area and...
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!