Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The school of tourism management (STM) is designed for future tourism professionals, hotel and event industries, as well as a leading force of tourism research in China. The school is now dedicated to the advancement of tourism education and training and consistency of its overall programs with international standards, so as to become a world-class school in tourism and related areas.
Why Choose STM
- China is witnessing an outbound tourism growing on large scale and at high rate of increase. The worldwide largest outbound market is forming in China, which promotes the development of tourism research.
- With its long history and high quality in education, SYSU is the only top 10 university ranks which has set up the school of tourism management in China.
- The tourism management major of School of Tourism Management SYSU rank No.1 in China and enjoys high reputation in the world.
About the Tourism Management Program
Enrollment scale: 25-40 students every year
Courses: Chinese Culture, Advanced Chinese, A Profile of China, Chinese Society and Culture, Chinese Food Culture Appreciation, Chinese Cuisine Principles and Practices.
Major Featured Courses: Tourism Geography, Meetings Planning and Management, Food and Beverage Management, China Outbound Tourism and Policies, Tourist Destination Marketing, Tourism E-commerce, Hotel Marketing and Sales, Sustainable Tourism Development, Lectures on the Progress of Event Industry, Hotel Management Information System, Big Data and GIS, Globalization and Economic Geography, Movies and Tourism, Golf Operation Management, China Tourism Geography, Principles & Cases of Festival & Special Events, Meetings Planning and Management, Hotel Operation and Business Decision Analysis, Sports Planning and Operation, Principles of Tourism, Consumer Behavior, & Introduction to Tourist Landscape.
- Non-Chinese citizen in good health
- Senior High school graduation qualification
- Age requirement: 18 years or above
- Scores of English in high school records should be Grade C or above (70 points or above out of 100);if scores of English cannot be provided, a minimum score of 60 on the TOEFL iBT or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 is required (for English taught program only)
- Chinese Language Certificate, HSK Level 5 with 180 points or above (for Chinese taught program only)
- Applicants who have graduated from high school but not yet received graduation diplomas should provide supplementary documentation from schools verifying their status
- Online Application Form
- Xerox copies of passport
- Diploma and transcript for senior high school
- Language Proficiency Certificate
*All of these documents should be prepared with two copies for each. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with the notarized translations in Chinese or English.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Bachelor Degree of Management
Tuition & fees
- Tuition Fee: 23,000 yuan per year (Chinese taught), 26,000 yuan per year (English taught)
- Registration Fee: 400 yuan
- Overall Insurance and Benefit Plan: 800 yuan per year
- Accommodation: 4,500 yuan per person per academic year (air-conditioned double room)
SYSU is located in Guangdong Province, an area neighboring Hong Kong and Macao, which is at the forefront of China's reform and opening up, watch to learn more.
Sun Yat-sen University
Study Extensively, Enquire Accurately, Reflect Carefully, Discriminate Clearly, Practice Earnestly
Welcome to Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), a comprehensive national key university founded in 1924 by Dr Sun Yat-sen, a revolutionary leader of the 20th century. With a teaching tradition spanning over a century, SYSU is located in Guangdong Province, an...