Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study event management at TAFE
The Diploma of Events is aimed at students wishing to manage spectacular events or coordinate corporate functions. The Sunshine Coast TAFE Events Diploma provides a broad range of event management skills, including communication, planning and organisational skills, underpinned by a detailed knowledge of the exciting and deadline-driven event management process.
TAFE's Diploma of Events is delivered over 12 months. In addition to classroom theory sessions, students gain extensive practical experience through participation in events at hotels, sporting venues, conferences and expos across the Sunshine Coast such as the Noosa Festival of Surfing and the Mooloolaba Triathlon. Students are also involved in the organisation of several events staged by Sunshine Coast TAFE.
Students enrolled in this Diploma of Events are equipped with the skills required to master the art of event management from the planning stages through to execution. The best-performing event management students will have the opportunity to complete top internships with, for instance, USM Events (one of Australia's largest and most experienced event management specialists) or Hot Events.
Upon completion of the Diploma of Events, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of event management, working as, for instance, event organisers, theming stylists, marketing managers, event directors, or operations supervisors.
Students wishing to study the Diploma in Events at the Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE in Queensland, Australia must meet the following criteria:
- Equivalent of Australian Year 12 or mature aged entry
- proficiency in English, demonstrated by one of the following requirements:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), academic module - score of 5.5 with no individual score less than 5.0. NOTE: All applicants from AL3 and AL4 countries must sit an IELTS test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - minimum score of 530 for the paper based test; 197 for the computer based; 71 for the internet based test
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) - minimum individual score of three
- Australian Year 12 English (or equivalent) - Sound Achievement rating
- Cambridge First Certificate of English - A or B grades
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Successful completion of an acceptable formal course where the medium of instruction was English. This does not include English Language Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Swedish applicants - V, VG or MVG in English A and English B on your School Leaving Certificate
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
The Sunshine Coast TAFE Institute is nestled in the heart of Australia's Sunshine State - Queensland, Sunshine Coast TAFE has firmly established a strong reputation as the premier provider of vocational education and training in the region. They have established...