Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study hospitality at TAFE
The Diploma of Hospitality at the Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE in Queensland, Australia is an ideal education program for students interested in turning their food and beverage experience into a management role.
TAFE's 1-year Diploma of Hospitality comprises both theory classes and practical sessions in food and beverage operations and front office, providing the necessary skills and associated knowledge to work efficiently in the hospitality industry. Students learn how to prepare and serve drinks, operate a bar, and perform table service. Participants are also taught supervisory and management skills, accounting, law, and safety.
The Diploma of Hospitality provides students a sound theoretical knowledge base which can be used for a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of team members. Training is comprehensive, aimed at students gaining the competence to be managers in any hospitality functional area.
Upon completion of the Diploma of Hospitality, graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the field of hospitality as, for instance, Bar Managers, Restaurant Managers, Small Business Managers, Front Office Managers or Functions Managers.
Students wishing to study the Diploma of Hospitality at the Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE in Queensland, Australia must meet the following criteria:
- successfully completed year 12 (or equivalent) or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicates likely success in completing the course
- proficiency in the English language, demonstrated by one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), academic module - score of 5.5 with no individual score less than 5.0. NOTE: All applicants from AL3 and AL4 countries must sit an IELTS test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - minimum score of 530 for the paper based test; 197 for the computer based; 71 for the internet based test
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) - minimum individual score of three
- Australian Year 12 English (or equivalent) - Sound Achievement rating
- Cambridge First Certificate of English - A or B grades
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Successful completion of an acceptable formal course where the medium of instruction was English. This does not include English Language Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Swedish applicants - V, VG or MVG in English A and English B on your School Leaving Certificate
Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
The Sunshine Coast TAFE Institute is nestled in the heart of Australia's Sunshine State - Queensland, Sunshine Coast TAFE has firmly established a strong reputation as the premier provider of vocational education and training in the region. They have established...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!