Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism & Travel Management at U21Global leverages the expertise of two institutions - U21Global and The University of Nottingham.
The programme combines study through U21Global and The University of Nottingham, leading to the award of two qualifications:
- U21Global's Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism and Travel Management from The University of Nottingham.
The combined programme develops a broad understanding of management principles and practices applicable to the tourism and travel industries. All aspects of tourism management are covered, including:
- Managing people.
- Managing financial resources.
- Market research.
- Marketing and strategy.
- Tourism policy and planning.
- Cultural and heritage tourism.
- Consumer behaviour.
- Service delivery.
Graduates who want to develop skills in the management and marketing of tourism and travel will find the programme ideal.
The Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism & Travel Management at U21Global comprises 10 subjects and a dissertation developed by the Christel DeHaan Tourism and Travel Research Institute (an integral part of Nottingham University Business School), delivered through an eLearning platform.
Master of Science (MSc) Programme Details:
After successful completion of the six U21Global subjects and two subjects from The University of Nottingham, students will receive an Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration certificate from U21Global.
Credits will be transferred to The University of Nottingham degree course after completion of the six Postgraduate Diploma subjects is conditional upon a minimum GPA of 2.5
Students will then receive a Master of Science in Tourism and Travel Management certificate from The University of Nottingham upon completion of the remaining two subjects and the dissertation.
- Organisational Behaviour.
- Marketing Management.
- Strategic Management.
- Data Analysis for Managers.
The University of Nottingham subjects:
- Service Quality in Travel and Tourism.
- Understanding the Tourism Consumer.
- Sustainable Tourism (elective).
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism (elective).
- Tourism Management.
- Destination Management (elective).
The individual dissertation will be prepared on an approved subject relevant to the MSc in Tourism and Travel Management supported by online supervision and online guidance regarding dissertation preparation.
All applicants to the Master of Science in Tourism and Travel Management programme at U21Global will be considered on their individual merit. Students may be admitted to the programme by meeting the following criteria:
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university (applicants without a bachelor's degree may be considered for admission if the applicant has a minimum of eight years relevant work experience, five years of which are in a management capacity)
- A minimum of two years management or professional experience for applicants with a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 600
- A minimum of three years management or professional experience for applicants without GMAT
- Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum language requirements are either:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0; or
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79; or
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) at level 4
- A statement of motivation for success through a 500-word essay
- Two references (at least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's employment record)
U21Global is an online graduate school that has offered globally recognised online postgraduate programmes since its founding in 2001. The graduate school is in close partnership and collaboration with four prestigious partner universities - the University of Birmingham, the University...
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!