Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Clinical Research
Research and innovation (R&I) in health sciences is a crucial factor for the progress and wellbeing of individuals and the general public through making possible new and better ways to anticipate, diagnose, treat, rehabilitate or alleviate the diseases and injuries they suffer.
Catalonia boasts a high level of research in the field of health sciences mainly undertaken by doctors and pharmacists in care centres (hospitals, primary care centres), research centres and universities.
Nevertheless, there is still only a very small percentage of research carried out by clinical professionals in the healthcare field, and in particular very few nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, etc.
This Master's course provides both the instrumental and methodological tools required by clinical professionals who want to carry out research, increase their knowledge, use scientific evidence and/or achieve a doctorate. Its aim is to teach research methods to nurses, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals who carry out research in hospitals, primary care centres, institutes, high performance centres, research centres, etc., who wish to achieve a doctorate and follow an academic career.
- To assess planning, performance and results in healthcare, associated comorbidity and the social context, taking into consideration different healthcare demands according to problems, age and social context.
- To enable students on the course to design, analyse and apply the necessary methods and techniques to carry out research in their professional fields and to interpret clinical, epidemiological and health outcomes using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- To encourage the development of lines of research directed at professional practice and/or serve as a starting point for producing a doctoral thesis and access to the doctoral programme.
- To develop knowledge and skills in research methodology and to employ them in the teaching/academic field as well as in the world of professional healthcare.
- To develop skills to disseminate the student's own knowledge to the scientific community.
- To enable students to apply for research work contracts.
Degrees that offer admission to the Master's course are: Nursing, physiotherapy, medicine, psychology, occupational therapy, speech therapy and other degrees related to the field of Health Sciences. The recommended profile of the entrant is a healthcare professional carrying out research in hospitals, primary care centres, institutes or research centres, etc., or healthcare professionals and nurses who want to achieve a doctorate and follow an academic career.
Request information to learn more about the admission requirements and the application procedure for this program.
Tuition & fees
The cost of this program is:
€ 6.678 (60 credits x 111,3€ /cr) + enrollment fees (€ 480) = € 7,158
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Welcome to the project of your life. UIC Barcelona is the ideal place for carrying it out. Since 1997, we have been developing people based on academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. Christian humanism inspires us to search...