Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master's Degree in Chemistry and Life Sciences
Strongly increasing societal demand in the fields of Environment, Sustainable Development and Health, implies a synergy of advanced skills in Chemistry and Biology Sciences. In order to be able to effectively respond to this demand and to implement innovative solutions providing efficient answers to these requests, it is essential to perfectly understand the interaction of contaminants with living organisms and particularly their structures, properties, reactivities/activities in natural ecosystems.
The “Chemical and Microbiological Characterization for Environmental Issues” (CMCEI) second year course of the Master in Chemistry and Life Sciences aims to train specialists with knowledge of the most recent advances in analytical chemistry, physico-chemistry, molecular biology and environmental microbiology.
Applicants must hold at least 4 years university level in chemistry and/or biology fields. For students outside UPPA, integration in the second year is subjected to a selection on curricula with equivalent training level and with sufficient skills in biology, chemistry and environment (Molecular biology, bioinformatics, microbiology, environmental microbiology, ecotoxicology, biostatistics, field sampling and data processing, physico-chemistry, analytical chemistry, environment)
Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to take a recognized international English test.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, the students in the Materials Science and
Engineering: Chemistry and Physico-Chemistry of Materials master’s
degree will be able to:
• Prepare materials and samples,
• Use surface and volume analytical techniques to achieve a sound
command of materials characterization,
• Validate, interpret and model experimental results,
• Write a synthesis report and communicate appropriately with experts,
• Produce quality research,
• Carry out a research project.
- Prepare students at an advanced specialised level to meet present and future scientific and technological challenges in digital industries and enterprises.
- Develop research skills to engage in quality and successful research,
- Prepare students for leading positions in private and public organisations in research and development departments.
Trace elements in the environment
- Trace elements biogeochemical cycles 2 ECTS
- Speciation concepts and analysis 2 ECTS
Advanced analytical chemistry
- Advanced separation techniques 2 ECTS
- Advanced spectrometric techniques Coupling 2 ECTS
- Electrochemical sensors 2 ECTS
- Biological macromolecules characterization 2 ECTS
- Organic contaminants analysis 2 ECTS
Statistical tools, chemometrics and quality
- Analytical methods performances evaluation 2 ECTS
- Quality Assurance for Analysis 2 ECTS
- Statistical tools project 4 ECTS
Microbiology and molecular biology for Environmental applications
- Microbial biotransformations and environmental applications: project 4 ECTS
- Microbial biotransformations and environmental applications : conferences 2 ECTS
- Molecular biology, Technological applications 6 ECTS
Research tools and applications
- Scientific papers and documentation critical evaluation 2 ECTS
- Environmental Project 2 ECTS Language
- French as a Foreign language 2 ECTS
- Internship in academic or industrial research project 30 ECTS
Université de Pau et des pays de l'Adour
The University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) is a multidisciplinary university which covers three major areas of study: Law, economics, business, management Science and technology Literature, languages, arts, social sciences and humanities and sport UPPA offers its students...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Chemistry and Life Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!