Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Get your degree in medicine in Hungary
The M.D. program is a 6-year medical program offered by the University of Debrecen. The program is divided into 10 semesters plus a year long internship period.
Though the language of instruction is English, students are required to learn Hungarian so they can interact with patients after the third year, which is critical for development of practical knowledge.
Structure of the degree in medicine
Year 1 and 2 of the M.D. program cover theoretical aspects of medicine. Subjects of study include the following:
- Medical Chemistry
- Medical Psychology
The third year of the medical program focuses on foundations of disease, internal medicine, and surgery. Courses include:
- Properties of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pathology & Immunology
- Basic Surgical Techniques
Year 4 and 5 of the program includes study in clinical practices and training in pharmacology. The sixth year of the program is dedicated to final examinations. Final examinations cover internal medicine, pedicatrics, surgery, obstetrisc and gynecology, neurology, and psychiatry.
- Completion of University of Debrecen's entrance examination
- Completed application form
- High school or college diploma and transcript (transcripts must be officially translated to English)
For a complete application, prospective students must also send the following:
- Vaccination report for Hepatitis B, Rose-rash (Rubeola), Mumps (Parotitis epidemica) and Measles (Morbilli)
- Notarized financial statement
- Short CV in English
- Copies of the relevant pages of your passport
- Passport sized photograph
University of Debrecen in Hungary
The University of Debrecen was established in 1912, but can trace its educational roots in rich traditions, diversity, and excellence back to 1538. The University of Debrecen is a research university with almost 30,000 students and 1,700 instructors - one of...