Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
PhD in ChemistryUniversity of Debrecen
Get a Chemistry PhD
The Chemistry PhD program at the University of Debrecen - in Hungary offer students the opportunity to become experts in the field of their chemistry.
The PhD in Chemistry is headed by Professor Vilmos Gáspár.
Topics of study in the PhD in Chemistry
- Reaction kinetics and catalysis
- Chemistry and chemical biology of carbohydrates
- Coordination chemistry
- Macromolecular and surface chemistry
- Environmental instrumental
- Analytical chemistry
- Synthesis and structural study of natural heterocyclic compounds
All applicants to the University of Debrecen meet the following requirements:
- Completed application form
- High school or college degree and transcript (transcript must be officially translated into English)
- Payment of the non-refundable registration fee
- Recent medical certificate of general health status
- Vaccination report for Hepatitis B, Rose-rash, Mumps, and Measles
- Copies of the relevant pages of your passport
Special admission requirements exist for PhD applicants:
- Detailed CV
- Master Degree
- 2 recommendation letters from previous professors
- Proposal for a research topic
Degree & diploma
Upon completion of the program, you will receive a PhD certification from the University of Debrecen.
Tuition & fees
Tuition for all PhD programs at the University of Debrecen is $6,500 USD per academic year.
Request information - obligation free
University of Debrecen
University of Debrecen in Hungary
The University of Debrecen was established in 1912, but can trace its educational roots in rich traditions, diversity, and excellence back to 1538. The University of Debrecen is a research university with almost 30,000 students and 1,700 instructors - one of...
Location & accommodation
Debrecen is the second largest city in Hungary, and is both the regional centre of the Northern Great Plain region and the seat of Hajdú-Bihar county. Situated 220 km east of Budapest, Debrecen has a population of approximately 205,000 people. The city is Hungary's most important educational center with numerous universities, colleges and schools. The focal point of Debrecen is the Great...