Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
A wide-ranging computer science degree
The masters degree in computing science at the University of Glasgow provides students with a thorough grounding in professional software development, together with experience of developing a project proposal and conducting a development project: preparing you for responsible positions in the IT industry.
This computing science MSc degree is aimed at those with a good undergraduate degree in computing who wish to advance their knowledge and software development skills. It is a generalist programme for students who prefer to study a wide range of computing science topics. It offers a large choice of elective courses and a very diverse choice of possible projects
Core courses in computing science:
- Professional software development
- General readings in computing science
- Research methods and techniques
- Professional skills and issues
- Development project proposal
- Development project.
In addition, the computing science MSc program culminates in a development project, in which you will design, implement, evaluate, and demonstrate a software system. The project will integrate subject knowledge and generic skills that you acquire during the MSc program.
Applicants wishing to enter the masters program should meet the following requirements:
- A 2.2 Honors degree or equivalent (eg GPA 3.0/4 or equivalent) with computing as a major subject.
English Language requirements
- IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6)
- ibTOEFL 92 (with no subtest less than 20)
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - B minimum or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - C minimum
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE minimum score of 60 with minimum 59 in all sub-tests
- The University of Glasgow accepts evidence of satisfactory language level from the Language Centre Pre-sessional courses and other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses
Tuition & fees
Home and EU:
- Full time fee - £7,650
- Part time 20 credits - £850
- Full time fee - £20,150
Welcome to the University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s oldest and most prestigious seats of learning, and is the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. The University of Glasgow is recognized internationally for its ground-breaking work and has inspired...