Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc in Global Health
This program offers a unique opportunity for you to develop a critical understanding of the key issues within health and medicine, health policy and health planning, and of the determinants of health and health inequalities from a social science perspective.
- Global Health in social context
- Improving health and society: Programme and principles
- Research design.
Optional courses may include:
- Communicable diseases
- Cultural, social and biological determinants of mental health
- Environmental health
- Epidemiology, evidence and statistics for primary care (online)
- Equality and human rights
- Globalisation and public health
- Health and culture
- Health economics (online)
- Health promotion: Principles and practice
- Health technology assessment in a global context (online)
- Health technology assessment: Policy and principles (online)
- Improving access to mental health care in the global context
- International primary care principles and systems (online)
- Introduction to mental health and disability
- Management of long term conditions in primary care (online)
- Managing health care organisations
- Mental health and disability: International law and policy
- Mental health promotion across the life-span
- Principles of public health
- Psychosocial approaches to public health
- Qualitative methods
- Quantitative data analysis
- Studies in the history of medicine before 1850
- Studies in the history of medicine 1850-2000
- The global burden of mental health difficulties
- Understanding health policy.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in social sciences, health sciences, medicine, nursing or other clinical subject. We will also consider applications from graduates from other fields, but you should submit a statement indicating why you are interested in changing fields. We will also take relevant work experience into account.
Tuition & fees
Home and EU:
- Full time fee - £7,650
- Part time 20 credits - £850
- Full time fee - £16,650
Welcome to the University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s oldest and most prestigious seats of learning, and is the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. The University of Glasgow is recognized internationally for its ground-breaking work and has inspired...