Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Predict the Future
The Bachelors of Econometrics and Operations Research at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands is an education programme in constructing mathematical models to analyse economic data.
Students enrolled in the 3-year Bachelors of Econometrics and Operations Research learn to solve practical problems, such as predicting the price trend for the coming year of an equity fund or calculating the optimal squad for the Manchester United Football Club, using mathematical models. There are usually no immediate answers to economic questions, but by formulating the question in a model, students try to find an answer that they can defend. As a researcher into such problems, students must be able to think logically and analytically. And of course, must be interested in exploring complex problems and puzzles.
The Bachelors of Econometrics and Operations Research helps with the following careers:
- Optimizing firm logistics
- Devising new insurance products
- Calculating the financial consquences of different policies
- Academic researcher
Students studying the Bachelors of Econometrics and Operations Research also spend a lot of time working with computers. In Econometrics and Operations Research, IT is above all about application; it is a tool rather than a subject in itself.
Admission requirements for this program at University of Groningen for students with a Dutch diploma:
- Any Dutch VWO diploma. Additional requirement: A good command of English.
- A HBO propaedeutic certificate. Additional requirement: A good command of English. Students with a HBO-diploma may in certain cases be eligible for exemptions that enable them to complete the Bachelor within a reduced time frame.
- Colloquium doctum (university entrance examination): An alternative open to students who are 21 years or older and do not meet the other requirements.
Admission requirements for this program at University of Groningen for students with a non-Dutch diploma:
- In principle, students from the European Economic Area (EEA) who qualify for university training in their own country will also be accepted in our programme. Diploma’s from non-EU countries will be evaluated individually.
- Non-EEA students: language requirements: A near native level of English proficiency is required. The TOEFL institutional code is: 9077.
For more detailed information about admission requirements fill out an Information Request form.
Scholarships are available to students at University of Groningen based on academic, country of origin, selection of programme, and more.
Tuition costs for the Bachelors of Econometrics and Operations Research at University of Groningen:
- EU students €1,800/year
- Non- EU students €7,500/ year
For more information about tuition and scholarships to see if you qualify, fill out an Information Request form.
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...