Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study a masters in commercial law
Increasing globalization and regional integration creates the need for good knowledge of international commercial law. This knowledge is especially important if you wish to enter a career in the field of international private law and when you are planning to become a lawyer working in internationally operating private firms.
Courses in the commercial law program will focus on:
- International Contracts Law (6 EC)
- Comparative Property Law (6 EC)
- International Commercial Dispute Settlement Law (6 EC)
- Comparative Private International Law (6 EC)
- Seminar Contracts Law (6 EC)
- Comparative Tort Law (6 EC)
- Master's thesis (6 EC)
- Cross-border Commercial Transactions (18 EC)
Students will have to participate in six compulsory courses and the compulsory seminar for this program. Like all masters, this program is also concluded by writing a Master's thesis, worth 18 ECTS.
Applicants wishing to apply for the masters in law program should meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 2.75/4, 3.5/5, 7/10, 70/100
- Basic knowledge of law
- If you are not a native speaker of English, you will need to provide proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL: 92, IELTS: 6.5, CAE or CPE)
- 2 academic references should be provided
- Applicants must send a motivation letter (max. 650 words). The letter should be written by the applicants themselves; it is not allowed to submit an (official) translation.
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about Masters in International Commercial Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!