Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study Chemistry at Groningen
The MSc in Chemistry at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands is directed towards students with experience in chemistry and who want to focus on one of following particular fields within the area of chemistry:
- Molecular Science
- This specialisation focuses on developing students’ understanding of molecular aspects and applying that to areas such as nanotechnology, supramolecular chemistry, synthetic chemistry, catalysis and chemistry of life sciences.
- Chemical Physics
- Studying the physical and chemical properties of molecules and atoms, this specialisation uses experimental techniques and theoretical methods. Students can choose to focus on either theoretical chemistry or solid state chemistry.
- Polymer Science
- Giving students a deeper understanding of physical and chemical structure and properties of polymers, this specialisation focuses on the development of thin films and surfaces and biomaterials.
Upon completion of the MSc in Chemistry, graduates can continue on to either work as researchers in PhD projects or in major companies all over Europe, or they can work in less research-orientated positions in consulting agencies, commercial functions, product research and development, product management or teaching.
The admission requirements for the MSc in Chemistry are:
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry
- Sufficient proficiency in English (TOEFL score of 580 paper-based or IELTS 6, 5)
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about MSc in Chemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!