Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study Classical, Medieval, & Renaissance Humanities
The Research Masters in Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands is an education course in the literatures, cultures, and histories of Classical Antiquity, the Middle Ages, Early Modern Europe, and the Middle East. This flexible education course combines the most relevent aspects of individual disciplines with the benefits of a multidisciplinary environment.
Students may choose from 4 academic profiles to study within their 2-year Research Masters in Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies at the University of Groningen:
- Greek and Latin
- Ancient History
- Medieval and Early Modern History
- Languages and Literatures of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
In addition, students may use a wider context of study, such as:
- Classical Studies (Greek, Latin, Ancient History)
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies (Medieval History, English etc…)
- Languages and cultures of the older periods (Greek, Latin, English, Romance Languages, Dutch, Hebrew, Arabic)
- Pre-modern History (Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern History)
Upon completion of the Research Masters in Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies, graduates have a variety of options available to them. The education provides students with an ideal stepping stone to a higher, more specific education degree. For students who wish to begin their career, opportunities abound in any humanity-related profession within either the public or private sector.
Admission requirements for the Research Masters in Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands are:
- internationally recognized Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field in the humanities (such as History, Classics, Medieval Studies, Oriental Studies, or a modern European language and literature/ culture). If an otherwise promising student lacks a particular skill or area of knowledge considered important to CMRS, he/she will be offered an opportunity to follow a module to remedy this.
- proficiency in English (min. 620 TOEFL or min. 7 IELTS)
The University of Groningen is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands, founded in 1614 the university ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world. We are a research intensive institution offering a wide range of highly regarded bachelor,...
Want to know more about Research Masters in Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!