Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Vada Volaterrana Archaeological Field School - Summer Course
Through this summer course from University of Pisa, students will learn the procedures of photographic documentation and drawing, with practice in the use of the Total Station and CAD software. They will learn methodology of classification of ancient buildings and finds, and correct excavation methodologies.
The course will include:
- Survey in the low Cecina Valley (ager Volaterranus)
- Methodology of the survey and landscape archaeology
- Non-destructive diagnostic techniques applied to the archaeological research
- Stratigraphic excavations of the buildings of the harbour quarter of Vada Volaterrana
- Classification of the buildings and finds, in particular in an Ancient Pottery Laboratory, including typological and technical-archaeometric analyses and drawing of the finds
- Digital management of the documentation
- The students will feed the collected data into a database linked with a GIS system
- Visits to museums and archaeological areas (Pisa, Volterra, Firenze, Luni)
No admission requirements
Summer Courses & Master Programs at University of Pisa, Italy
Established in 1343, the University of Pisa is an internationally-renown public institution, ranking among the top eight Italian universities and top 300 universities world-wide. The university has 20 departments with many high-level research centers, such as: Agriculture Astrophysics Computer science...
Want to know more about Vada Volaterrana Archaeological Field School? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!