Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Science in Health Informatics
The Master of Science in Health Informatics program is designed to focus on training the next generation of informaticists in the art and science of health data analytics. During this program technical and healthcare professionals learn everything from the basics of programming to cutting-edge statistical and machine learning methods in interprofessional, project-based classrooms.
This program is especially aimed at motivated students who are dedicated to improving healthcare through the application of information technology and data science.
Features of this program include:
- Programming and Data Analytics Skills: All students learn programming skills in the context of working with healthcare data.
- Entrepreneurial Perspective: Located in the epicenter of the global digital revolution, the program engages with the Silicon Valley startup community. Mentoring opportunities are given to interested students.
- Advanced Clinical Training: Clinically trained students are able to take graduate level nursing courses that fully count toward an advanced nursing degree including Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at USF.
- Internship and Practicum Opportunities: Students are required to complete a Capstone Experience consisting of original research, substantial project in health and biomedical informatics, or an internship with industry partner.
- International Students: International Students may be eligible to work for 36 months in the U.S. after completion of the Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) program through the OPT program and STEM extension.
The following requirements are considered in the review of applications:
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
Tuition & fees
The price of this program is $1340 per credit.
Located in the heart of one of the world’s most diverse and innovative cities, the University of San Francisco is a vibrant academic community of faculty and students who achieve excellence in their fields. The University of San Francisco is...