Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The international foundation year is an intensive term program lasting 2-3 terms. The program consists of academic subjects, study skills, and English language preparation. It has been designed specifically to provide a path to degree study at the University for international students.
You can choose from two foundation routes:
- Business, law and social sciences
- Science and engineering
You'll study core modules common to each route, plus subject-specific modules. These have been carefully designed to focus on the academic areas most useful to your chosen degree.
Throughout the program, you'll be assessed regularly. Your development is monitored through continuous coursework and assessments at the end of each term or module. This may include examinations. You will also need to complete a series of presentations and extended essays as part of your overall assessment.
Once you complete the program and achieve the required grades, you can enter the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree at the University.
- Academic: good high school graduation grades or equivalent
- English language: three term program - IELTS 5.0 (minimum of 4.0 in all skills), or Pearson Test of English or equivalent
- Two term program - IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all skills), or Pearson Test of English or equivalent
- Applicants for this program should be between 17 and 21 years of age
The University of Sheffield is currently ranked:
The University of Sheffield is a research university in the city of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England. As one of the original red brick universities, it is also a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities. Sheffield is an...