Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
This unique course encourages sophisticated critical appraisal of current key debates in applied psychology. By completion of this course students will be able to demonstrate critical evaluation of Psychology’s contribution to human performance and well-being in different applied contexts and also develop advanced research skills in applied psychology.
This course applies to a broad range of sectors and is designed for anyone wishing to understand more about the underpinning psychological research and mechanisms for employees, organisations and business practices.
- An accredited UK Honors degree with minimum 2.2 classification (or equivalent). Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered. Students should normally have at least two years of appropriate postgraduate work experience on admission.
- Proficiency in English: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5). Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to sit the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You may supply official electronic transcripts issued by post-secondary institutions directly to the University of South Wales online.
- Personal Statement or State of Purpose (approximately 500 words)
- Up to date CV
- Recently dated Letter of Recommendation (Academic or Professional)
- Sophisticated critical awareness of key theories and methods in applied psychology,
- Deep critical understanding of how Psychology can be applied in real-world contexts.
- Advanced knowledge of research methods and statistics in applied psychology.
- Ability to appraise the efficacy of different interventions to promote psychological well-being and performance.
- Comparison, evaluation and application of theoretical perspectives in applied psychology.
- Generation of hypotheses and research questions.
- Translation of theory into professional practice and applied research.
- Application of psychological research methods to a novel research topic.
- Planning and execution of an original piece of research.
- Ability to identify and address ethical and professional issues in applied psychology.
- Sensitivity to contextual and interpersonal factors.
- Demonstrating an independent and flexible approach to learning.
UNICAF offers one of the most generous scholarship programmes available today. With the financial support of UNICAF Scholarships and by utilising the UNICAF state-of-the-art digital learning platform, students in sub-Saharan Africa, and almost anywhere in the world, can have access to internationally recognised higher education.
UNICAFpartners with universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa to offer online, quality undergraduate and post graduate degrees, to the benefit of thousands of students in Africa and other continents.
Over$75 million worth of scholarships have been awarded to eligible students so far.
University of South Wales - UNICAF
The University of South Wales was formed in 2013 by the merger of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport. The institutions came together to create the University of South Wales, one of the largest universities in...
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!