Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc Public Health
- An accredited UK Honors degree with minimum 2.2 classification (or equivalent). Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered. Students should normally have at least two years of appropriate postgraduate work experience on admission.
- Proficiency in English: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5). Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to sit the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You may supply official electronic transcripts issued by post-secondary institutions directly to the University of South Wales online.
- Personal Statement or State of Purpose (approximately 500 words)
- Up to date CV
- Recently dated Letter of Recommendation (Academic or Professional)
- A critical understanding of how quantitative / qualitative research methods and epidemiological investigation are used to create and interpret public health knowledge.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of public health informed by current scholarship and research.
- Critically evaluate current research and advanced scholarship in the discipline.
- Use expertise in independent learning using the exploration of knowledge and enquiry to underpin practice.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in tackling and solving public health related problems with diverse populations.
- Independently design, assess and evaluate intervention strategies for the promotion of health or prevention of disease.
- In-depth knowledge and the development of advanced skills to prepare students to lead in the field of public health.
- The application of knowledge and research to professional practice (in theory and practice) to meet the changing and multi-disciplinary demands of public health.
- The ability to exercise initiative in creative programme planning, leading a change and decision-making.
UNICAF offers one of the most generous scholarship programmes available today. With the financial support of UNICAF Scholarships and by utilising the UNICAF state-of-the-art digital learning platform, students in sub-Saharan Africa, and almost anywhere in the world, can have access to internationally recognised higher education.
UNICAFpartners with universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa to offer online, quality undergraduate and post graduate degrees, to the benefit of thousands of students in Africa and other continents.
Over$75 million worth of scholarships have been awarded to eligible students so far.
University of South Wales - UNICAF
The University of South Wales was formed in 2013 by the merger of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport. The institutions came together to create the University of South Wales, one of the largest universities in...
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!