Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Associate Degree in Engineering (ADNG)
The Associate Degree in Engineering at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in Queensland, Australia is a tertiary level program designed to educate engineering associates in the theory, methods and practices necessary to support professional engineers. To this end, the education program is designed to provide a general understanding of a broad field of knowledge, with Electives available in most majors in the final stages of the program to allow a measure of specialisation.
Majors offered within the Associate Degree in Engineering are:
Graduates of the Associate Degree in Engineering should be able to demonstrate:
- a knowledge of a branch of engineering practice, appropriate to those functioning at engineering associate level in that branch of the engineering work force
- the ability to analyse and propose solutions to technical problems in accordance with established practices and precedents
- the potential to assume technical responsibility for the completion of tasks and provide a support function for engineers
- an awareness of their limitations and a willingness to seek advice and accept direction from senior engineering associates, engineering technologists and professional engineers
- an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- a capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and to master new techniques
- appropriate administrative and manual skills
- an aptitude to undertake further learning and study
Applicants to the Associate Degree in Engineering at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in Queensland, Australia shall normally:
- have studied four semester units and achieved an exit assessment of 'Sound Achievement' or better in the Queensland Senior Secondary School subject: English. It is recommended that applicants should also have satisfactorily completed the subject: Mathematics B (Mathematics A is assumed)
- be able to demonstrate that they have achieved an equivalent standard in these subjects at another institution
- Australian applicants: have achieved a Queensland Overall Position (OP) band, or an equivalent Rank based on qualifications and previous work experience, at or above the specified cut-off level
- International applicants: must have met the University's English language requirements or have completed the University's ELICOS/UNIPREP program.
University of Southern Queensland
Whatever you want to study, full time or part time, online or on-campus, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is making it easier than ever for study to fit your life. With more than 75 per cent of students studying...
Location & accommodation
Where are we located? USQ Toowoomba provides the complete on-campus experience and a perfect sanctuary for study. It features the benefits of a city environment, including residential college accommodation, in a relaxed country atmosphere. As Australia's largest inland city, Toowoomba also offers plenty to do when you close the books for the day, and is just two hours' drive from Brisbane CBD. USQ...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Find your perfect career!